10.21.2010

Looking under the hood

Last night did not go quite as planned.
I was excited because everything I usually do on Wednesday night was cancelled.
It was too windy to ride horse-
Because of MEA, we didn't have Bible study.
I was going to make the next Schnibblies project (for November class)
from *start to finish*....
So I started:
And then I turned my trusty sewing machine on....
Every stitch was accompanied by a clicking sound.
This is all the farther I got:
Does this picture look familiar???
So....I....
Pulled her over to the side of the road...
(why we always refer to cars as "her", I will never understand)
Opened *her* hood...
Cleaned out all the gunk growing under *her* hood....
Gave *her* an oil change...
Took everything out I was *supposed* to...
Put *her* all back together
Slammed *her* hood shut again....
Put *her* in gear....
Drove *her* off down the road...
and....clink, clink, clink. clink...
There it was again
Needless to say, I unplugged *her* , packed *her* up and
I'm taking *her* to the garage to see the mechanic!

Then, I pulled out something of mine:
A cute little winter wool table mat.
I love this little *guy* (why guy and not gal??)
just about as much as I love the Valdani perle cotton.
When finished, it will be snowmen with a clothes line.
Hanging on the line are mittens, hats, scarf and a cute vest.
I also need to embroider the clothespins yet too..

Pretty sure working with wool is medicinal...
Probably the most therapeutic thing I can think of to do.
Tomorrow is Friday!
~K








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...