8.31.2011

Here's my Hometown!


I picked up my Hometown Picnic quilt from Bonnie at the shop yesterday and boy am I super duper excited to show you my all done, completed, quilted, wonderful, beautiful, probably my new favorite quilt to veg out in front of a movie with quilt. Actually, it's not completely done, i still have the hand stitching on the binding left, but my thumb just wouldnt let me do that.


Also, thank you for the opinions, I did add a 5" border just to make a teensy bit larger for better snuggling and also to make the best use of the super cuddly Fireside (adult minky) back. Fireside is softer than minky but doesnt have the velvety, shiny look the minky does. With the border, it finished to approx. 58 x 78.


I tested it out last night and it is the perfect TV quilt.


Pattern: Picnic from the amazing book Scrapbasket Sensations by Kim Brackett
Fabric: Hometown by Sweetwater for MODA

This will become that one quilt that everyone fights over because it's so awesome!
~K

1 comment:

Judy Brennan - Overland Park, KS said...

Katie, what does the back look like? Not familiar with Fireside fabric.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...