8.11.2010

No need to send out a search party, I'm still alive...
Here's what's been keeping me from you

Riding horse: His name is Buck...he's a whole lot of fun
I got him as a baby...I'll never let him go-

This pic is from last fall....you get the idea though

Sorting/cleaning/getting ready for new shelves in my sewing area.Here's a taste of this huge project I decided to undertake:

Organizing fats (note: they're all folded the same!)
Pile of backs and some civil war fats (L)
3 sisters fats (R) and fun Oz fats (Middle)
Working on the project for the Sept. Schnibbles group:
"Bennington" using Fruitcake by Basic Grey

Here it is....in progress...on my design wall

Cruising the Mississippi river:
The grandparents took the whole fam on cruise down the river on a real paddlewheeler...
A limo took us from the hotel to the boat...well, 14 of us anyway!

View from the dockRailroad bridge...the only spinning one on the Mississippi
(can't think of the technical name)Locked through Lock & Dam #7

And I've met with the insurance adjuster and the contractor....my roof is getting fixed! Most of the damage was done by huge hail.


And, Mom and I managed to make it to 7 shops on the shop hop...to be completed this weekend

And, I got 3 more vintage farm prints at an antique store in LaCross to add to my collection...I don't know what it is about old pictures of farms, but I love em....especially cows and pigs...I could live without sheep (to be expained later).

Did you know that another shop hop starts on Monday? More details coming soon!

Hope you all have been staying cool and finding time to relax!

Katie
(from Friday night)

1 comment:

Jolyn said...

Katie- glad you didn't have more damage on your house. I love to "look" at my fabric!! Inspiring. Just got a new 240 and loving it!!! Made a lap quilt and some blocks for a friend. Jolyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...