8.26.2010

Slow Progress....

So....On Sunday I told y'all that I was going to work on something new all day. In reality, that didn't quite happen. One thing led to another and this is all the progress that got made. However, durging that time I put aside to sew I had vegetable fajitas (yummy!) with my parents, 3 loads of laudry got folded-ironed-put away, and I now have 2 new rulers.

It's also that time of year when gardens are producing faster than you can pick! Because I thoroughly enjoy doing things that June Clever would do (ok, and my mom, grandma and granny), I canned....9 pints of corn salsa, 8 pints of bread and butter pickles. Maybe tonight I'll do in some tomatoes, but who knows!
And flowers....I love garden flowers (and golden rod). My parents get a CSA box every week filled with wonderful vegetables and garden pretties. I don't remember off the top of my head what CSA stands for, but I do know that they get all sorts of good stuff every Tuesday that a lady by Ellendal grew in her garden. Usually it consists of a mojority of common stuff and one or two varieties of heirloom vegetables or odd stuff I've never heard of or tried (you can see the cute little red peppers, cream colored pepper and purple pepper in the pink measuring cup). This week the parents are on vacation so I took ownership to their stuff.....and some pretty flowers and a HUGE bunch of basil. I've never had fresh basil before and I'm in love with it....it makes my kitchen smell wonderful...who would have thoght!? Also, the wall in my kitchen is not as blue as it looks.....however, it's soon to be green so don't get too attached!
I've also managed to read 4 books-cover to cover-over the past week....don't know where that time came from!

On that note, I hope you all are well and enjoying these beautiful fallish days we're having down here in Southern MN. Any fun projects being cranked out? Canning? Books being read?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...