1.13.2011

NEW: Schnibble of the Month - blog style!

Every month I plan to feature a little Schnibble. These little cuties are designed by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. and use up those charm packs we just can't resist buying (or scraps!). They are all little quilts finishing somewhere around the 30-40" mark...some a little bigger, some a little smaller.

January's featured Schnibble is...
"Nice Day"
(Our kit looks very similar as we used "Park Avenue by 3 Sisters for Moda...I'll post a picture in the VERY near future)

So, here is how it works. During the month, make the featured Schnibble and email me a picture at calicohutch@gmail.com. toward the beginning of the following month, I plan to have a Schnibble Parade post where I will show all of the little quilts (made from any Schnibble pattern) you readers finished the previous month. There will also be a drawing each month for some sweet Schnibblish prize for one lucky finisher/photo submitter....who knows...it might even be a charm pack...or the next pattern...or a kit..or something else you CAN'T live without like a Calico Hutch Quilt Shop gift certificate! Your name will go in the drawing for every picture/finised schnibble you finish/submit that month. i.e, you make 3 schnibbles in January and send me a picture of each of them, your name will go in 3 times for that months drawing. 

Each month there will be a kit available for the featured project. However, feel free to use whatever you want. It's fun to see how different fabrics make the pattern look different. I will be making two (hopefully) each month, one from the kit and one from stuff in my stash.

The patterns for the first several projects will be from Miss Rosie's Book "Schnibbles Times Two" (I love this book!!!)....however, single patterns are available too :)

Also, I will be at the quilt shop "teaching" this little guy next Tuesday evening 1/25, from 6-8:30...you should come! (just be sure to call ahead so we can have enough irons and stuff out!)

I know that's a lot to soak in, but this first time I have to get all the information out there. Let me know if you have questions.

Happy Schnibbling y'all!
~K

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...